Discover Saint Petersburg, and all the hidden corners of this palace city, on a 2-day tour perfectly designed for cruise passengers. The comprehensive itinerary includes visits to the Peterhof Palace and the Pushkin Museum.
St Petersburg Shore Excursion Itinerary
Between 8:30 am and 9 am, we'll pick you up from the cruise terminal in Saint Petersburg and head into the beautiful Russian city for a panoramic tour. We'll make a stop to take in the views of the iconic sphinxes on Vasilyevsky Island - the perfect place to see the Neva River!
Our tour will continue with a guided tour of the Hermitage Museum with early entry so you get a 30 minute head start on visiting one of the world's greatest art collections. Marvel at the works of Titian, Monet, Van Gogh and Leonardo da Vinci exhibited in the Winter Palace: the former official residence of the Russian Tsars.
After visiting the Hermitage, we'll enter the Church of the Saviour on Spilt Blood to admire its superb decoration. Did you know that this temple was built on the site where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated? We'll then enjoy a relaxing cruise along the rivers and canals of Saint Petersburg.
Following our boat trip, we'll head to a local restaurant to enjoy a tasty traditional Russian meal. The menu consists of three typical dishes and a dessert, accompanied by mineral water, tea, or coffee (other drinks not included).
In the afternoon, we'll head to Peterhof, which was the residence of the Tsars until 1917. Here we'll explore the Peterhof Gardens and its beautiful fountains as well as admiring the palace from outside. Finally, we'll return to your hotel or the port in St Petersburg for around 7 pm.
On the second day you choose one of the following two tours: St Petersburg Tour without Pushkin and Catherine Palace or tour of Pushkin and Catherine Palace.
St Petersburg Tour
After picking you up at 9 am, we'll embark on a tour of the St Petersburg Metro, where you'll soon discover why the station architecture is considered a museum in itself. We'll then head to St Isaac's Cathedral, a majestic church crowned with the largest golden dome in Russia. Our tour will continue with a guided walk aloing Nevsky Prospect, or if you prefer, with two hours of free time to go shopping at your leisure.
Afterwards, we'll enjoy a lunch of typical Russian delicacies before visiting the Peter and Paul Fortress, one of the most famous bastions on the Baltic Sea, in the afternoon. At around 5 pm, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel or the port.
Pushkin and Catherine Palace Tour
We'll pick you up at 9 am and head for Pushkin, the town where Catherine Palace is located. Visit its world-famous Amber Room, a masterpiece of art and architecture. After exploring the spectacular historic palace, we'll return to St Petersburg for lunch.
After eating, we'll visit the Peter and Paul Fortress, a marvel of defensive architecture. At the end of the day, you'll be dropped off at your hotel or the port for around 5 pm.
If you are not a cruise passenger
Even if you are not arriving in the city by cruise, you can still reserve this tour. When making the reservation, you must indicate the name and address of your hotel in Saint Petersburg.
Why you should book with us
- Our tours are done every day and are open to everyone, regardless of the cruise company you are travelling with.
- A small group size of no more than 18 people is guaranteed.
- When you reserve with us, you will not need a visa to visit Saint Petersburg. We will prepare all the necessary documents for you to present at border control.
- Although our tour is aimed at cruise passengers and designed to fit with the cruise timetables, it is important that you check the arrival and departure time of your cruise, and the duration of the trip to ensure you have time to complete the tour.
- Cruise passengers must bring a valid international passport. If you are a cruise passenger who would normally need a visa to enter Russia, you can avoid this requirement by requesting a "tour ticket" when making your reservation. These allow you to enter Russia to do the tour and then return to the ship again afterwards. If you have a visa (or are allowed into Russia without one) you can continue exploring St Petersburg at your own pace after the tour.
- If you take the tour during the low season, from November to April, the boat trip on the Neva River (day 2) will be replaced by a visit to the Fabergé Museum. In addition, instead of touring the Peterhof Gardens (day 2), we will visit the Grand Peterhof Palace.
- However, the dates considered as low season may vary according to the calendar of sailing the St. Petersburg canals and the opening of the fountains in Peterhof. In 2019, the fountains will be opened on April 27th, so from that day onwards it will be possible to visit the Peterhof Gardens.
- The Hermitage Museum is closed on Mondays. In the case that your reservation begins on a Monday, the itinerary will be adapted to include the museum visit on the second day.
- The order of the itinerary may change depending on schedules or closures of the monuments visited.
St Petersburg Tour
Students with ISIC card between 18 and 21 years oldUS$ 141.60
Children from 7 to 17 years oldUS$ 141.60
Children between 4 and 6 years oldUS$ 88.50
Children under 4 years oldFree
St Petersburg Tour with Pushkin and Catherine Palace
Students with ISIC card between 18 and 21 years oldUS$ 200.70
Children from 7 to 17 years oldUS$ 200.70
Children between 4 and 6 years oldUS$ 129.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick and drop off from your hotel or the port in Saint Petersburg.
English speaking guide.
Early entry to the Hermitage Museum.
Entry to the Church of the Saviour on Blood.
Entry to Peterhof Gardens.
River and canal cruise.
One bottle of mineral water per person.
All other entries and tours described in itinerary depending on option chosen.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to bring a pushchair/stroller on the tour?
A - Yes.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
The Maritime Port in Saint Petersburg.