Located on Kotlin Island, the historic fortified city of Kronstadt is home to an incredible imperial legacy. Discover its fascinating heritage on this half-day tour from St Petersburg.
Kronstadt Half-Day Tour Itinerary
At 10 am on the day of your tour, meet your guide underneath Alexander Column in Palace Square. From this meeting point in the heart of St Petersburg, you'll walk over to a nearby public transport station to catch a bus west to Kotlin Island.
The bus journey, which will take around 60 minutes, crosses the highway which is part of the dam across the Gulf of Finland. Arriving on the Russian island, you'll begin exploring with a guided walking tour around the fortified city of Kronstadt.
The island citadel, which is the main base of the Baltic Fleet of the Russian Navy, has been witness to any number of important historical events, from its foundation by Peter the Great in the 18th century to the volatile period of history between 1917 and 1921. Hear all about Kronstadt's role in the Russian Revolution as you visit some of the city's main sights, including Anchor Square, a monument to famous Russian naval commander Admiral Stepan Makarov.
Reaching the historic heart of Kronstadt, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you'll be captivated by the sight of the majestic Naval Cathedral of St Nicholas. Enter the beautiful Orthodox church to admire the stunning Byzantine artwork up close: the intricate details of the altars and mosaics under the immense dome are particularly striking.
You'll also visit the Our Lady of Vladimir Church, another of Kronstadt's most impressive religious monuments. At the end of your guided tour of the historic island city, you'll take the bus back to St Petersburg, arriving at around 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 72.20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport by public bus.
Entrance to the sites visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.
Alexander Column in Palace Square.