The Russian imperial family hid secrets that lined the monuments of the ancient capital. Discover it with this Romanov History Tour in St. Petersburg.
Romanov History Tour
We'll meet at 4 pm at Alexander's Column on the Palace Square, the starting point of the Romanovs' tour of St. Petersburg, where you'll discover the most curious anecdotes about the Russian imperial family!
First of all, we'll talk about the origins of the Romanov dynasty while contemplating the beauty of the Winter Palace, a royal residence famous for its luxurious decoration. From here, we'll go to the Summer Garden to discover how the monarchs had fun 200 years ago.
What was the terrible curse Marina Mnishek put on the Romans? Why did Tsar Alexander II fall in love with the young Princess Dolgorukova? We'll reveal these and other curiosities as we tour the Romanovs' city.
You'll also have the opportunity to see palaces that, although not so famous, were also inhabited by the Tsars. The Marble Palace, the Palace of the Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich and the Little Hermitage are some examples. We'll talk about the mysteries that reigned in these palaces!
The Romanovs' tour will continue with the incredible views of the Peter and Paul Fortress on the other side of the Neva River. We'll go through the Field of Mars, where the remains of key figures in the Russian Revolution rest. Finally, we'll approach St Michael's Castle to admire its majestic exterior architecture on the banks of the canal. You'll love it!
After 90 minutes reviewing the history of the Romanovs in St. Petersburg, the tour will end.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 8 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 8 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.