Explore the Museum of Anthropology, Ethnography and Natural Sciences in St. Petersburg with this Kuntskamera Guided Tour. Discover curiosities from all over the world!
Kuntskamera Guided Tour
At the time you choose, we'll meet at the entrance of the Kunstkamera Museum, whose name in German means "cabinet of oddities". Are you ready to find out why?
We'll go into the museum of anthropology and ethnography par excellence of St. Petersburg to explore all its corners. In 1714, Peter the Great decided to create what would be the first museum of natural sciences in Russia, which was to collect all the rarities that the tsars encountered during their international travels.
Today, the Kunstkamera keeps many of these objects, such as books in various languages, historical weapons, human embryos and the huge Gottorp Globe, a 17th century planetarium, which has room for 12 people!
During the guided tour of the Kunstkamera museum, we'll also talk about the different communities that have populated Russia in recent centuries and find out about traditions from other parts of the world, such as Japan, Alaska, China, Mongolia, India and Indonesia. In addition, the collection of rarities and exotic items includes the skeleton of an unknown giant bird, extravagant skulls and even a two-headed calf.
After 90 minutes discovering the ins and outs of the Kunstkamera museum, we'll end the private tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
Private tour in English
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 121.70
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 152.10
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 255.60
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 304.30
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no other people in the group.
Entrance to the Kunstkamera museum: ₽ 300 (US$ 4) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.